We often find that our closets are brimming with items we rarely use. And having too many stuff means you will find it difficult to find what you are looking for and often end up pulling the whole closet apart and chucking them back in. This can really be a headache so once in a while at least you need to look at your closet with fresh eyes and re organise things. Here are some tips that will hopefully help you.
- Go through everything: don’t go picking at things you don’t like, instead take out everything in the closet and bring in and re arrange only the items you really love. In this way you will not miss any items and will allow you to have to good look at what you already have in it.
- Use a marking scheme: use non slip hangers to mark what you wear. For an example, at the beginning of the season, use hangers the wrong way to hang clothing. Once you wear them hang them back the right way (with the hooks pointing away from you). In this way you will notice what you frequently use and what you can do away with.
- Be thrifty: you can reuse a wire hanger or a soda holder to organise your scarves, ribbons and other accessories. This will really help your closet stay neat and also provide you easy access to what you need. This trick can be used to store belts and other items as well.
- Upgrade: it is easy to keep using the same clothing frames year after year, but they wear and disintegrate as well therefore from time to time invest in some good quality high end metal metal coat hangers or wooden versions for your expensive clothing items such as suits and dresses. These will make sure that the quality and the shape of the clothing items are maintained.
- Boot care: those knee length boots can be a pain if they fold over. They can loose their shape and fall over as well. Therefore to keep them organised and also to maintain their shape is to insert a folded magazine or news paper inside each. This will keep them sturdy and ready to use without folding over.
- Socks: we all lose socks here and there. So the easiest way to find them again is to have a specific spot to put a single sock. In that way when you find the other sock you can easily pair them and start re using them again.
These nifty tips are sure to help you stay better organised for years to come.